Saturday, April 9, 2011

Red Tulips




I love tulips. They are such tidy, clean-looking flowers. When I paint red tulips, I use so many reds and pinks. Carmine, Geranium, Madder Lake, and some orange mixed in. Red is a tricky color in watercolor, I think. There are so many other colors that seem to clash with red, so paintings with red need to be kept simple. Course I can already think of one very special exception, Shirley Trevena. She can put red with any other color and make it look great.

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Very beautiful, RoseAnn. I just love tulips.

cathyswatercolors said...

just beautiful. I too have been painting tulips,in between being ill. Yours are beautiful,facing all directions and the color red is wonderful.

Lee said...

Consistently gorgeous work! Lovely bouquet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...