Friday, March 30, 2012

Garden Flowers Watercolor Painting

I'm experimenting with a pad of Yupo paper that I bought from CJ's Art Supplies. First I painted this simple sketch on Yupo, and then I painted it on my regular watercolor paper. This is the Yupo version. I've learned that you can't erase very well on Yupo. I always use Pentel Clic erasers (the soft white kind). When I use it on Yupo, it leaves an area that resists paint. Yupo is great fun, but lots of frustration, too. I'm not yet sure if I love it or hate it.

8 comments:

Dan Kent said...

My theory is that if watercolor's excitement is its unpredictability then yupo is Nirvana!

renate said...

Hello Rose Ann:) I use yupo for a few months now and I love it. There is so much to discover! I love your painting, very delicate!

Judy said...

This looks great! I'm not sure about Yupo either.

Joyfulartist said...

Yupo is fun to work on. If you use a little rubbing alcohol on the spots from fingerprints I know it will restore the paper again. I don't know if it will help where you use an eraser. If I find an old piece with lots of resistant areas I'll give the whole thing an alcohol wash; it's good for removing old paint, too. Brings it back to almost white again.

Britta said...

I love your botanical watercolors and would really like to learn more about your process. I hope you will consider sharing this sometime.

Nora MacPhail said...

Another delicate beauty!

Theresa Bayer said...

You sure make Yupo look great! Beautiful as always.

Julie H said...

Yupo is a slippery slope and a totally different experience from start to finish. Can't say I like it much, but then I can barely paint on regular paper.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...