Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Rookiepainter Challenges

I think I've mentioned the Rookiepainter site before. It's a really neat painter's challenge site. Challenges are so good for painters because they force us to paint things we wouldn't usually paint. I've only entered one of their challenges so far, but one of their earlier challenges contained a photo that knocked me out.  A bowl on a shelf. So simple, but I loved it. I was too late to enter that challenge, but I couldn't resist painting from the photo anyway. In fact, I did several versions. This one is on Yupo synthetic paper. I hope to have time to enter more of the challenges soon. Check out their site if you can, because there are some wonderful painters that participate.  http://www.rookiepainter.blogspot.com  

4 comments:

Judy said...

RoseAnn, it's beautiful! Wonderful Yupo effects in your version!

Laura Moore said...

Beautiful loose work. Something I aspire to but can never manage as well as this.

Sonia Aguiar said...

El resultado de tu pintura me gusta mucho! Saludos.

Linda Kay said...

I agree--it's very beautiful; love the washes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...