Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Three Flowers in Baby Food Jar Version #2

Judy asked me to show the results of my experiment with different paper types.  The first version of this painting (see my previous post) was painted on Saunders Waterford CP paper, an absorbant paper with a slightly creamy color.  This second version was painted on Kilimanjaro CP paper, an absorbant paper with a whiter finish.  Using the same painting technique, paintings can turn out quite a bit different on different paper types!  I'll post my third version tomorrow.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Both are beautiful! Looking forward to nr. 3!

renate said...

Hello RoseAnn:) I'm very curious if you reach the third also see difference. Between the first and second I see obvious difference. It looks like with the second the colors are softer. This Is finer paper?

RoseAnn Hayes said...

Renate, I think you will see a difference on the third version, too. My theory is that the difference results from the amount of "sizing" on the paper, which affects how fast the paint absorbs into the paper. I'll post the third version tonight when I get home from work and write a little more about my theory.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...