Saturday, August 31, 2013

Watercolor Paintings of Flowers


As I’ve mentioned a few times, I’m a big fan of a wonderful artists information site called “Artists Helping Artists”, which was created by two amazing oil painters, Leslie Saeta and Dreama Tolle Perry.  There is a link to that site on my blog. It’s a “blog-talk radio” site with archived shows, and I listen to it almost every day.  Leslie Saeta is such a sparkplug, and she periodically issues challenges to motivate artists. One of her recurring challenges is called “30 Paintings in 30 Days”. I’ve watched other artists participate in the challenge before, but knew I didn’t have the time to participate myself. 
Well, this time I have no excuses, so I’ve signed up to participate. The challenge is to paint a finished painting every day and post it on our blogs or Facebook pages.  The challenge begins on September 1.   It’s a motivator and hopefully a skill-sharpener.  I might be losing my mind, but I’m going to give it a try. I’m not going to be too hard on myself – if I have to skip a day, I will. But I’ll do as many days as I can.  If any of you other artists out there would like to participate, just google Leslie Saeta and go to her blog to sign up.
My theme will be flowers, of course – flowers in glass jars.  I might sprinkle something else in here and there, but I’ll stick to my theme as much as possible.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...