Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Daisies and a Sunflower Watercolor Painting


If you are interested in painting in watercolor, it's helpful to learn about the different types of watercolor paper and how they are made. The three basic types are "hot-pressed" (smooth), "cold-pressed" (moderately textured), and "rough" (lots of texture). For this painting of Daisies and a Sunflower, I used "cold-pressed". I think you can see a little bit of the textured paper in the photo. The very best place to start learning about watercolor is a fabulous site called "Handprint" - www.handprint.com. It's amazing. And thank you for looking at my site - I appreciate it.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love your watercolor florals. They have such a peaceful, graceful feel to them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...